General Discussions

• 1.  Tip of the week: Analyst/Reviewer communication in Human Ethics

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 08-17-2021 10:43

Hi everyone! 

I'm Vicky King, a Professional Services Consultant here at Cayuse and I'll be sharing this week's tip.

One of the most frequently asked questions I hear during Human Ethics implementations is how to capture comments or information analysts want reviewers to see for their review that isn't specific to a question in a protocol submission. The comment field on the analyst checklist isn't visible to reviewers, so how can they communicate?

One of the creative ways I've seen users accomplish this is to choose a question in the form that doesn't typically need comments or editing by the research team (this may be a different form question for each institution) and add a restricted comment.  These comments are visible to any analyst or reviewer but not to the research team.  Making this part of your standard process is a simple and effective way of capturing analyst-reviewer communication.

Human Ethics screenshot

How does your institution accomplish this? Please reply with your creative solutions!

------------------------------
    Victoria King
    Services Professional & Consultant
    Cayuse

• 2.  RE: Tip of the week: Analyst/Reviewer communication in Human Ethics

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 08-17-2021 10:46
    I know I just tagged a bunch of you Human Ethics users in another post, but I hope you'll forgive me for tagging you again so you see this tip! @Angela Bain, @Darcy Hammar, @Carey Nadeau, @Corey Brooks, @Annette King, @Amany Dahir, @Becky Welch, @April Gravitt, @Domenica Pappas, @Matt Zembrzuski, @Sherrie Hixon, @Sharla Miles, @Nina Yolen (No longer at SHU as of 6.3.22), @Audrey Wineglass Foster, @Amy Krenzer, @Michael Leary, @Maureen Wawsczyk, @Hila Berger, @Beverly Kemp, @Kathleen Furr, @Kareem Gad, @Michael Spires, @Eric Boerngen, @Andrea Buford, @Louise Griffin, @Shannon Augustine, @Marnie Shaffer, @Steve Sutcliffe, @Kristine Nowak, @Wun Chiou, @Jennie Kulczyk, @Dana Lawrence, @Tim Deering, @Weldon George, @Melissa Beck, @Rachel Agner, @Melissa McGee, @Jenn Dier, @Jessica Prim.

Simon Helton
    He/him
    Community Manager
    Cayuse

• 3.  RE: Tip of the week: Analyst/Reviewer communication in Human Ethics

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 08-18-2021 06:32
    I don't believe I realized that the comment field on the analyst checklist is not visible to reviewers, maybe because I always use my admin role.  That may explain some questions I have received from committee members for which I thought I had already provided information.

Angela Bain, CIP, CIM
    Director, IRB Office
    Kennesaw State University