Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) is the leading nonprofit research institute in the United States devoted to advancing Veterans health research. NCIRE is part of one of the world's most dedicated and successful Veterans care communities, pioneering new treatments and understandings of military medicine and care.
Along with our partners at the San Francisco VA Medical Center and the University of California, San Francisco, we are working to discover and develop effective, safe, and practical treatments for military injuries and diseases affecting Veterans. Through new technologies, novel scientific insights, and international clinical collaborations, we strive to set a new standard of health care research for Veterans and military personnel.
This position reports to the Manager of Federal Grants with a dotted line to the Manager of Contracts and Compliance. This position is responsible for providing administrative coordination with respect to all aspects of pre-award functions-grant submission, JIT, project set-up, etc. Duties require a firm prior knowledge or quick understanding of research administration concepts, guidelines, principles and practices. This position partners with NCIRE Contract and Grants Specialist to ensure a unified presentation of NCIRE's research administration and financial management programs, policies and guidelines/
- Build and maintain positive business relationships with internal and external customers
- Responsible for providing research community and staff with advice and leadership in the area of grants preparation and submission
- Ability to ask the right questions to determine proper course of action while following established standards
- Provides administrative proposal development support to Principal Investigators as requested
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn pre-award grant submission process and federal application requirements
- Ability to comprehend sponsor guidelines, program announcements and sponsor policies
- As directed by Principal Investigator performs various forms of research, information gathering, problem solving and interpretation of policies and procedures related to grant and contract proposal preparation
- Provide administrative and analytical support to the Contracts & Grants Specialist
- Ability to create budgets, and prepare budget projections and burn rates
- Demonstrate competence in the use of spreadsheet and NCIRE's accounting system in financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports
- Ability to manage a high volume of transactions
- Work with Solomon system and learn how to set up new projects and enter budgets
- Provide administrative and analytical support
- Collect, track and maintain compliance documentation required for assigned projects
- Coordinates approval process of grant applications
- Maintains records that may be of a confidential nature such as research plans and budgetary records
- Works in a professional manner effectively and cooperatively with a diverse clientele establishing effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary compliance activities are completed within the required timeframes (i.e. FCOI, SAM Searches) while adhering to sponsor and institutional policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in related field, with a minimum of 2-5 years of work experience with accounting and analysis and/or a fast-past administrative support environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be customer service focused
- Must have good critical thinking skills analytical, logical, and be proficient with managing numbers and data.
- Strong and effective Communication Skills, the ability to tailor communication as needed to various audiences
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook or other fund accounting software
- Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and databases
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and performance
- Ability to be proactive, analyze, problem solve, interpret and apply policies/regulations
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities to achieve desired goals and timelines
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team efficiently
- Previous experience in a university institution or non-profit organization highly desirable
- For more information about Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) or to apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit us at www.ncire.org.
Please directly apply by cutting and pasting the below link into your browser. Any applications submitted through this job website will not be considered. All interested candidates must only apply using the link below to be considered.
Or apply by visiting us at www.ncire.org and apply for PREAW01146 Pre-Award Specialist.
Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Per San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Northern California Institute for Research and Education - NCIRE