General Discussions

• 1.  Tip of the week: Create PDFs of of protocols and drafts in Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 10-26-2021 13:18

Hi everyone,

I'm back with another tip of the week! This week, I'll show you how to create PDFs of protocols and draft protocols in both Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety. Just reply here with any questions you might have.

------------------------------
    Sarah Josway
    Professional Services Consultant
    Cayuse

• 2.  RE: Tip of the week: Create PDFs of of protocols and drafts in Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 10-26-2021 13:30

Our plan was to try out the tip of the week until the end of October to see what people thought. If you want more or have ideas, reply here or send me an email at simon.helton@cayuse.com.

I'm also going to tag some folks who might find this week's tip helpful: @Sherrie Hixon @Natalie Kolomeitz-Douglas @Louise Griffin @Evins Wardlaw @Andrea Buford @Cari Fowler @Michael Spires @Rachel Agner @Melissa Beck @Eric Steelman @Torsten Hopp @Bruce Kennedy @Joshua Turse @Donna Sipe @Carolyn Russell @Jennie Kulczyk @Rebecca Florence @Sharla Miles @Dustin Kentala

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Simon Helton
    He/him
    Community Manager
    Cayuse

• 3.  RE: Tip of the week: Create PDFs of of protocols and drafts in Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 10-26-2021 13:39

Prior to a site visit or inspection, the oversight & regulatory agencies request a current, unanswered version of the Animal Protocol... allowing them to see all questions asked of the researchers. Is this functionality currently available within Cayuse... or will we need to collect a series of screenshots in Adobe Indesign to create our own view of the entire, blank protocol?

Thanks,

Evins Wardlaw
    Database Analyst of Bioresources
    St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

• 4.  RE: Tip of the week: Create PDFs of of protocols and drafts in Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 10-26-2021 14:48
    Hi Evins,

This is a great question! Most of our customers create a template protocol in the staging or UAT site. Then, you can create a PDF of that draft to share with site visitors or inspectors.

Thanks for the great feedback,
    Sarah

Sarah Josway
    Cayuse

• 5.  RE: Tip of the week: Create PDFs of of protocols and drafts in Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety

Posted 10-27-2021 06:58

We just created a test protocol for this purpose.
    It's approved within the system and has all the questions answered, though no real info.
    We can just pdf that when someone needs to see our form.

Lisa Young
    Senior Compliance Administrator
    La Jolla Institute for Immunology

• 6.  RE: Tip of the week: Create PDFs of of protocols and drafts in Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 10-27-2021 07:53
    Thanks for sharing, Lisa! Great idea!

Sarah Josway
    Cayuse

• 7.  RE: Tip of the week: Create PDFs of of protocols and drafts in Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety

CAYUSE CHAMPION
    Posted 10-28-2021 08:21
    I also wrote a "dummy" protocol, answering the questions with spaces to satisfy/trigger completion.  On reflection, writing true answers would have served well for training purposes.  Is that what you did, Lisa?  And, did you create your protocol in the STG or PROD environments?

Thank you, Sarah, for this tip.

Bruce

• 8.  RE: Tip of the week: Create PDFs of of protocols and drafts in Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety

Posted 10-26-2021 13:53
    For me, this process doesn't automatically produce a PDF.  It produces a web page version of the protocol.  I'm not able to save to PDF (without installing a browser add-on, which my IT people have told me not to do), nor am I able to save to a usable web format.  Printing to PDF sort of works -- all of the hyperlinks get lost, and the formatting can suffer depending on which print-to-PDF driver I use.  This really limits the usefulness of the PDF.  I'd really love an "export to PDF" function, which would preserve hyperlinks and formatting better -- for the Preview Protocol, Full Document Review, Protocol Revision Search, etc.!  Or please follow up this video with instructions on how to save to PDF and preserve hyperlinks & formatting.
    Thanks.

Caitlyn Conley
    Administrative Support
    Oakland University

• 9.  RE: Tip of the week: Create PDFs of of protocols and drafts in Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 10-26-2021 14:43
    Hi Caitlyn,

Thank your for the feedback! I'll reach out to our engineers about the export to PDF function. I think that would be a great enhancement!

Best,
    Sarah

Sarah Josway
    Cayuse