General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Full Board Review Workflow

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 06-08-2023 08:27

Hi,

We recently completed our first Full Board Review using Cayuse.  We had to send it back to the PI for further clarification/revisions.  What is the workflow when it comes  back from the PI with the revisions?  It's still in the Full Board workflow, correct?  Can all the IRB Committee Members still see the submission to look at the responses to their comments and close them out?  Or does the submission need to be assigned to a Committee Meeting first?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Leigh Schectman
    IRB Coordinator
    California Lutheran University

• 2.  RE: Full Board Review Workflow

RISING STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 06-13-2023 11:07

We are in the same boat-but we are trying to return to return to PI before the meeting to make changes before we even meet and we can't figure out how to do it. I think that when you retrun to PI it will reopen for editing in the same full review workflow.  

Kris A. Monahan, Ph.D.
    Director Sponsored Projects and Research Compliance
    Providence College
    Providence, RI

• 3.  RE: Full Board Review Workflow

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 06-13-2023 11:31

I think once you have assigned it to the FB Review, you cannot send it back to the PI for revisions prior to actually making a decision. Unless, you can change the review type or re-assign back to the analyst? We actually deferred our vote as we needed a lot of additional information.  Once we made that decision within the FB Review it was returned to the PI and re-opened for the PI to address all the comments.  It came back from the PI and I just moved it forward in the workflow.  It is still as a FB review with all the reviewers able to see the submission.

Leigh Schectman
    IRB Coordinator

• 4.  RE: Full Board Review Workflow

RISING STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 06-13-2023 11:43
    I can't change review type or send back to analyst so I am stuck. 

Kris Monahan
    Sent via mobile device

• 5.  RE: Full Board Review Workflow

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 06-14-2023 08:33

Your analyst should be able to go into that study and have the ability to change review/type or reviewers or Return to Investigators.  I have all Admin privileges and this what I see when I go into our one study that I just assigned to a FB meeting.  Does this help?

Leigh Schectman
    IRB Coordinator