General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Status Changes and Notifications in SP 4.0

Posted 06-22-2022 11:32
    Hi all, we have recently implemented Sponsored Projects (starting off in 4.0, never had 3.9). We have noticed that, apart from the Route for Review process, no one is notified when a proposal status changes. Ideally we would like the reviewers to be notified if a proposal is funded. Has anyone found a way to do this? Or if it can't be done in the system, what is your process for notifying when a project is funded or declined?

------------------------------
    Michelle Crouch
    Assistant Director, Sponsored Programs
    Swarthmore College

• 2.  RE: Status Changes and Notifications in SP 4.0

SUPERSTAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 06-23-2022 03:52
    I do wish Cayuse (we have SP/424 and some other things....) could send more emails directly from the system.  Notifying everyone of ALL status changes would be a little clutter-y, it seems to me.  Nobody cares except us that we "put the proposal to bed and now we wait," for instance.  (Proposal File Complete, in our world)  But a funded or declined status notification would be useful, I think.

Some caveats.  We are sometimes notified of a declined proposal before the PI is.  That's a bad day for any PI and we can help contextualize what happened - and talk them off whatever ledge they've climbed out on, as appropriate.  Our Research Development Officers then help them to chart a PI-specific path forward.  A simple email from the system would be a little harsh and we would then miss out on or delay the opportunity to help people.

What we do for awards is pretty typical.  We issue an internal Notice of Award, as soon as we have a fund # from Accounting.  That goes pretty much everywhere: PI, Chair, Dean, departmental business manager (who needs that fund # to start the spending).

A​​

Andrea Buford
    Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
    Oakland University

• 3.  RE: Status Changes and Notifications in SP 4.0

Posted 06-23-2022 07:24
    Yes, it would be preferable to have control in Cayuse over which changes sent emails to which Teams/Units. We wouldn't want every person to get every status change update, I agree!

Michelle Crouch
    Assistant Director, Sponsored Programs
    Swarthmore College