General Discussions

View Only

Would anyone be interested in discussing their implementation of the Cayuse Training Module?

• 1.  Would anyone be interested in discussing their implementation of the Cayuse Training Module?

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 04-12-2022 11:04

Greetings Everyone,
                    St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is preparing to implement the Training module from Cayuse, alongside our other Cayuse modules… as part of that process, we're reaching out to other Cayuse clients to see if they would be willing to share their experience and the knowledge gained from deploying the Cayuse Training module at their institution. At St. Jude, we have fully deployed the IACUC module, along with RFID census –  which we'd be happy to discuss, if you had questions on how that process went. Along with Training, we are also in the process of rolling out Animal Procurement & Vet Care.

So, let me ask first, has your institution implemented the Cayuse Training module? If so then we'd really be interested in hearing from you, I don't want to task you with extra work but the St. Jude ARC Training team put together the following questionnaire about general use of Cayuse Training Module. If you'd prefer to not write the answers in the community forum, you are welcome to contact me directly at evins.wardlaw@stjude.org .

1. How long has the Cayuse Training Module been deployed at your institution?
      1. How has the experience been for your trainers?
        1. Do you have multiple administrators to perform data entry? Do they all have the same access?
        2. How do you handle Lab Specific training vs Institutional Training?
      2. How has the experience been for your users?
    2. Do you track both, protocol-related and non-protocol related training activities within Cayuse?
      1. Are you using Cayuse to record training dates AND competency scores?
    3. Is your Cayuse Training Module integrated with other on-premises Training Systems or Third-Party, External Training Systems?
      1. If so, how difficult was the process for interfacing the two systems?
      2. Do you have any advice for another institution about to attempt interfacing with other systems?
    4. Do you have any process-automation built into your training module?
    5. Do you generate reports from Cayuse?
      1. Do you use any third-party reporting tools like Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Oracle NetSuite, etc?
    6. After transitioning from your previous training solution to Cayuse, do you feel that efficiencies were gained or centralization accomplished?

Thank you for your time and I'm hoping that the Cayuse applications continue to improve, making work-life easier for all of us.

------------------------------
    Evins Wardlaw
    Systems Analyst of Bioresources
    St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
    ------------------------------