General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Finance Management interface

Posted 05-06-2022 08:20
    Does anyone's organization utilize Infor Cloudesuite for their enterprise resource planning system? Does it interface with your Cayuse modules? If so, which ones and how well?

I appreciate any info anyone can provide!

------------------------------
    Tammy Jobes
    Sponsored Projects Administrator
    Gillette Children's

• 2.  RE: Finance Management interface

Posted 05-10-2022 08:31
    I'm sorry I'm just seeing your post.  My university does not use Infor Cloudesuite.  I would think someone from Cayuse could check into that for you though.  I'm wondering if anyone is using Workday along with Cayuse.  I'd be interested in talking to anyone who has that combination.  Best of luck to you on Cloudesuite and Cayuse!

Audrey Wineglass Foster
    Assistant Dean for OSP + Research Svcs
    Gallaudet University

• 3.  RE: Finance Management interface

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 05-10-2022 09:53
    @Audrey Wineglass Foster, do you know what data you want to send between Cayuse and Workday? We do have some institutions that integrate Workday with different Cayuse solutions, so let me know and I can see who would be able to share their experience.​

Simon Helton
    He/him
    Community Manager
    Cayuse

• 4.  RE: Finance Management interface

Posted 05-11-2022 13:08
    Edited by Audrey Wineglass Foster 05-11-2022 13:09
    I haven't been privy to most of those discussions.  Seems that our Finance Office and Workday are working on this.  We just recently had a meeting with them but the meeting didn't drill down on what data was being shared between Cayuse and Workday.  I do have another question for the group though.  Historically we've had a fringe benefit rate that we would typically use for our grant proposal budgets.  We would escalate at 3 or 5 percent in the out years.  I was recently told that with Workday we are going to turn to using actual expenses instead of just a set established rate.  Has anyone else had this experience?  Was there a particular time when that was implemented, say at the beginning of the fiscal year or no?  I'm being asked to start using a rate of 36.5% and escalate from there in anticipation of a new rate.  In typing this response, Simon, I guess data related to fringe benefits would be a data point?  It would be great to talk to someone.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Audrey Wineglass Foster
    Gallaudet University

• 5.  RE: Finance Management interface

Posted 05-12-2022 06:32

Hi Audrey,

We are almost one year out from Cayuse (424) / Workday integration. 

We still use the fringe benefit rates, like you say, with escalations for out years versus actuals.

Fringe Benefits are not an integration point for us, rather the total award amount and total IDC award amount are integration points.

If you have other questions or would like to meet offline, feel free to reach out.

Thanks,

Angie

Angie Rochat

Executive Director of Research

Office of Research and Sponsored Programs

Tel: 310-338-5119

Angie.Rochat@lmu.edu

• 6.  RE: Finance Management interface

Posted 05-12-2022 06:38
    Thank you so much, Angela!  I very well may reach out to you.  Happy Friday Eve!  -- alwf

Audrey Wineglass Foster
    Gallaudet University

• 7.  RE: Finance Management interface

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 05-10-2022 09:50

Hi @Tammy Jobes,

I'll let any CloudSuite users chime in with specifics​, but the Cayuse motto is that we haven't met an ERP we can't integrate with and are happy to work with any ERP. If you want to get more into the nuts and bolts, I know your CSM @Matty Gilreath would be happy to talk in more detail!

Simon Helton
    He/him
    Community Manager
    Cayuse