General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Subrecipients Module?

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 05-18-2022 09:01
    Hello! I have a Cayuse-specific question: How is everyone using (or not using) the Subrecipient module in their Cayuse SP instance?

I've tried to get our team to adopt it, but so far they have little interest.

------------------------------
    Augusta Isley
    Senior Proposal Manager
    Ball State University
    amwray@bsu.edu

• 2.  RE: Subrecipients Module?

Posted 05-19-2022 06:17
    We didn't initially use the FDP template feature because we were not a FDP school. Now that we are it is my understanding that the templates are not the most up to date versions so we did not adopt them.  Are you asking about a feature beyond that?

Mollie Robbins-Wint
    Associate Director, PreAward Services
    Kansas State University

• 3.  RE: Subrecipients Module?

SUPERSTAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 05-19-2022 07:28
    We use it and I'm just tickled with it.  It's helpful on the dashboard side, when we get the inevitable "where's my thing?" questions.  On the project side of SP, it's helpful to keep track of project progress and closeout.  And, this is what makes my heart sing - it's where we keep track of contact information for the subawardee.

Andrea Buford
    Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
    Oakland University

• 4.  RE: Subrecipients Module?

SUPERSTAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 05-20-2022 08:37
    I'm with Andrea--it's great for tracking the journey of the documents and associated dates.  We have three statuses between Inactive and Fully Executed: have we sent it (Awaiting Admin Dept)?  have they returned it (Awaiting Subcontractor)?  is it pending final review (Awaiting Award Mgr/Analyst)?

I DO wish there were more than one Subcontract Contact field.  We sometimes pack that one full with grants contact name, email, phone, PI name/email... a veritable smorgasbord of info that would be better if parsed.  I understand SP4.0 may answer at least THAT prayer.

Happy Friday!

Lisa Churchill
    Director, Grants Administration
    The Salk Institute for Biological Studies