General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Animal Procurement - Question

Posted 03-22-2022 10:21

We have struggled with PIs & Labs wanting to include multiple delivery dates in a single order.

Is it possible to receive a line item and still leave the rest of the order to arrive on a different date?

If a vendor does not have all the mice in line one..... one of the offers they send is often some now and some someday. 

Is it possible to schedule a line item and then Wait List the rest of the order?

I have work arounds, but it would be good to know if something changed.  

How do you handle this?
    Thank you so much!
    Tensie

------------------------------
    Tensie Palmer
    Procurement Office Manager
    University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)

• 2.  RE: Animal Procurement - Question

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 03-23-2022 07:16
    Tensie,

We had similar difficulties with multi line orders with different arrival dates.  Our solution was to stop accepting them.  All lines in a single order must have the same arrival date or we won't process the order.

We'll occassionally have someone try to sneak one past but the staff are diligent in catching those.

Thanks,
    Lorraine

Lorraine Bell
    Training Program Coordinator
    University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus

• 3.  RE: Animal Procurement - Question

Posted 04-08-2022 12:45
    Thank you Lorraine, I am happy we work the same way.  I will keep the 2 delivery date events to those orders that the vendor does. (Jackson Labs has done this recently)

Tensie Palmer

• 4.  RE: Animal Procurement - Question

Posted 03-23-2022 07:26
    Hi Tensie,
    Short answer is yes, this can be done. As long as the PI/Researcher is clear that the delivery dates are clear then it shouldn't matter. When you place the order, each line item can have a different delivery date. Once the first delivery comes in the rest of the order will stay in the Confirmed orders until the next delivery date comes up.
    As for not having all the animals for one line item, as the Buyer you are able to edit any order. If you have contacted the PI/Researcher and they are ok with splitting a line into 2 or more deliveries, you can add a line with the same info and just adjust the quantities and delivery dates.
    As for scheduling one line item and waitlisting the rest, I have not done this. I don't think it can be done at the time of confirmation. It would be a nice perk to have the option of waitlisting certain line items. Otherwise, you have to choose a date in the future until you get the actual confirmation. The only downside is if the date that you pick comes up without a confirmation then it will go into the Expected Deliveries and you just have to remember to adjust the date.

Hope this helps, but if there are others that do something different I would love to know as well.

Nicola Eaton
    Administrative Supervisor/DLAC
    La Jolla Institute for Allergy & Immunology

• 5.  RE: Animal Procurement - Question

Posted 04-08-2022 12:44

Thank you for confirming my thoughts.  I will proceed in confidence.  Confirmed & Wait Listed are not allowed in the same order.

2 delivery dates will work in the same order (unless one of the lines is Wait Listed).  :-)

Tensie Palmer