General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  External organization (sponsor) acronym

CAYUSE CHAMPION
    Posted 03-07-2023 07:06

Since Cayuse supports a company's acronym in the Admin / External Organization fields, I would like to hear how Ellucian Banner institutions are filling in the acronym. We currently do not enter the organization's acronym in Banner, but could by repurposing an unused name field. As far as we know, Banner does not have a company acronym field. But perhaps someone out there knows otherwise? Thanks!

------------------------------
    David McMeans
    Data Engineer
    Wright State University

• 2.  RE: External organization (sponsor) acronym

SUPERSTAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 03-13-2023 11:02

I had Banner open when I read your email ;)  We put the title in Banner, roughly (exactly) like this: TTU/NIH-R01DA049737-Cucullo.  This would be a subaward from TTU for an NIH R01 for Professor Cucullo.  In Cayuse, we just enter the sponsor as TTU and the prime as NIH.  Does that help?

A

Andrea Buford
    Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
    Oakland University

• 3.  RE: External organization (sponsor) acronym

CAYUSE CHAMPION
    Posted 03-13-2023 14:40

Andrea, gotcha, that makes sense for the award title.

Are you filling your sponsor/prime info into Cayuse via Banner or do you enter external orgs manually? In our previous system, we entered sponsors only in the era application and did not connect them to Banner. Since we are going with Fund Manager, we cannot keep them separate anymore, which means we'll lose out on some of the coolness, like acronym, available in Cayuse if we don't mirror it in Banner.

David

David McMeans
    Data Engineer
    Wright State University

• 4.  RE: External organization (sponsor) acronym

SUPERSTAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 03-14-2023 02:51
    We enter them into Cayuse manually - well, from a pick-list but not directly from Banner.

A

--
    Andrea Buford
    Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
    Oakland University
    (248) 370-3789

Pronouns: she/her

I often work non-traditional hours.  It is also true that I respect people's boundaries between work and personal time.  If you receive an email from me outside your work-hours, please know that I am not expecting a response until your work-day starts.

Oakland University resides on the ancestral, traditional, and contemporary lands of the Anishinaabe, known as the Three Fires Confederacy, composed of the Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi. The land was ceded in the 1807 Treaty of Detroit and makes up southeast Michigan.