General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  COI disclosures - when submitters choose "Modify" instead of "New Disclosure"

Posted 05-26-2023 11:46

Hello all -

We've had a group of submitters who've clicked into an old disclosure and used "Modify" for submission, instead of completing a new disclosure.  (They told us this is what they did which was contrary to the instructions provided).

I remember from training that this was a problem.  But what kind of problem is it?

Have others had issues with disclosures submitted by this route?
    Besides the direct notification from the submitter, how would I know whether someone used "Modify" instead of "New"?

Thanks in advance for any additional insight.

Have a great weekend!
    Rebecca

------------------------------
    Rebecca Henry
    RCOI Program Administrator
    Oregon State University

• 2.  RE: COI disclosures - when submitters choose "Modify" instead of "New Disclosure"

RISING STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 05-31-2023 19:05
    Hi Rebecca,

If an Annual Disclosure, the modification process will not show up in reports you may be running to assure that all individuals have completed their Annual Disclosures.  This may result in reminders and extra emails sent to the individual and supervisors if processes are automated.

For Research-Based Disclosures, Disclosures generated by the individual or updated disclosures will not pair up with the research proposal COI link in Cayuse SP.

Cheers,
    Charna

Ms. Charna K. Howson, MA
    Director, Sponsored Programs
    Office of Research
    Appalachian State University
    POB 32174, 385 JET Bldg.
    287 Rivers Street
    Boone, NC 28608-2068
    828-262-7311 (Office)
    828-262-2641 (Fax)
    (She, Her, Hers, Charna)
    --------------------------
    1) The Sponsored Programs unit is currently operating under a staffing shortage with high volumes of proposal submissions and awards to process. If I don't respond to your email within 48 hours, please resend. If you still don't receive a response within another 24 hours, please reach out to my supervisor Ece Karatan (karatane). We appreciate your patience during this time.
    2) Routing proposals in Cayuse for internal approvals should start with draft documents 15 calendar days prior to the sponsor's deadline and must be completed before proposal submission.  Your assigned grant manager will assist you with this process in Cayuse
    3) Send me secure files using this link:
    howsonck@appstate.edu" target="_blank">https://fileshare.appstate.edu/filedrop/howsonck@appstate.edu

• 3.  RE: COI disclosures - when submitters choose "Modify" instead of "New Disclosure"

Posted 06-05-2023 09:04

Thank you so much, Charna!  This is quite helpful. 

Cheers - Rebecca

Rebecca Henry
    RCOI Program Administrator
    Oregon State University