General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Can Cayuse users be given 24 hours to confirm resolution before a ticket status is changed to Solved?

Posted 03-16-2023 10:50

We've added a few tickets recently and have seen the Support team mark the tickets as Solved prior to giving us the opportunity to confirm the resolution.  All too often, the tickets marked as solved are, in our view, not. Is Notre Dame the only institution experiencing this?

I understand that some customers respond quicker than others and that the Support team wants to move tickets to Solved ASAP for their own metrics. Please recognize that while Cayuse is the main focus for Support...the majority of us have other duties beyond Cayuse to address. My team and I do our best to respond as quickly as we can.

I propose this compromise: Give customers 24 hours to confirm a resolution before changing the status to Solved. During this time customers can test your resolution and confirm, or give an update. If we do not respond after 24 hours...the Support team can close it and not rack up more time on the tickets to adversely affect the metrics.

Thanks for considering it,

Terri

------------------------------
    Terri Hall
    Director, Research Business Intelligence
    University of Notre Dame
    thall2@nd.edu

• 2.  RE: Can Cayuse users be given 24 hours to confirm resolution before a ticket status is changed to Solved?

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 03-16-2023 15:37

Hi Terri, 

Our support team may place a ticket in a solved state if they feel like they have answered a question or proposed a solution. There is a 4 days window for anyone to make a comment on that ticket and the ticket will reopen. After those 4 days go by, the ticket will advance to a closed state. At that point, a follow up ticket will need to be created. If ever you feel that a ticket requires more attention after it has been solved, please feel free to respond and let the support agent know. 

Thank you, 

Ken Potvin
    Director of Global Support
    Cayuse

• 3.  RE: Can Cayuse users be given 24 hours to confirm resolution before a ticket status is changed to Solved?

Posted 03-16-2023 18:21
    Who knew?  This is the first I've heard this.
    Thanks for letting me know, Ken.

TERRI HALL
    DIRECTOR  |  RESEARCH BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
    THALL2@ND.EDU |  (574) 631-7378
    ND RESEARCH | UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME

• 4.  RE: Can Cayuse users be given 24 hours to confirm resolution before a ticket status is changed to Solved?

Posted 03-17-2023 08:45

Ken, thanks for sharing that information about the process. I agree with Terri's comments. As a new user of Cayuse's support, I found it kind of off-putting that a ticket would be deemed resolved before we get to verify the resolution.  I have had several tickets that should not have been 'Solved' and I feel that I have had to challenge the resolution rather than work collaboratively to arrive at the solution via a continued discussion.  It's as if I walked into a store to speak to customer service, they provided an answer, and then they said "Next".

I have worked in IT for over 25 years and this is a first for this type of support model.  When a ticket is opened, perhaps the automatic reply can include information about the process you described so that the requestor can understand your SLAs.

Thank you.

Sharlene Heard
    Director, Enterprise Solutions Design
    Chapman University

• 5.  RE: Can Cayuse users be given 24 hours to confirm resolution before a ticket status is changed to Solved?

Posted 03-17-2023 10:18
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Sharlene.
    Your idea is a fantastic one to make things clear to everyone.
    I also appreciate your support.
    Happy Friday,
    Terri

TERRI HALL
    DIRECTOR  |  RESEARCH BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
    THALL2@ND.EDU |  (574) 631-7378
    ND RESEARCH | UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME

• 6.  RE: Can Cayuse users be given 24 hours to confirm resolution before a ticket status is changed to Solved?

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 03-21-2023 08:16

Good Morning, 

I appreciate the follow up and the idea surrounding setting a tone for the progression of the ticket. This is an area where we have an opportunity to be more transparent to improve your experience. I'll use this as a takeaway to review our communication process within the ticket.

Thank you, 

Ken Potvin
    Director of Global Support
    Cayuse

• 7.  RE: Can Cayuse users be given 24 hours to confirm resolution before a ticket status is changed to Solved?

Posted 03-17-2023 05:36

Most of the time Cayuse IT sends an email stating they've fixed the issue and request testing. If the issue is resolved I request them to close the ticket. I have had on occasion Cayuse IT close old stagnant tickets which prompts me to test and if unresolved I reply requesting them to reopen and readdress the ticket.

Maylinn Tarbutton
    Coordinator II
    University of Texas Medical Branch