General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Analyst Checklist Format

Posted 11-09-2021 11:18
    I'm fairly new to the IRB world, along with Cayuse.  I'm going through the analyst checklist we have and it isn't very applicable and wasn't previously being used very often.  I'm looking to redo our checklist so I can start using it with each submission that comes in.

So I'm wondering how people are structuring their analyst checklist: How in depth are you going? What questions are asked?  Are they all the same questions no matter what the submission is?  Maybe even a sample could help so I can get an idea of what to include in ours.

Anything helps, thanks!

------------------------------
    Rayna Potkonjak
    IRB Coordinator
    Logan Health

• 2.  RE: Analyst Checklist Format

RISING STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 11-11-2021 05:12
    We have a simple completeness checklist for the first review of IRB https://sponsoredresearch.wufoo.com/forms/completeness-review/
     Im not sure if this helps at all. We aren't (YET) human ethics customers of Cayuse, so this checklist is outside of the system.

Kris A. Monahan, Ph.D.
    Director Sponsored Projects and Research Compliance
    Providence College
    Providence, RI

• 3.  RE: Analyst Checklist Format

Posted 11-22-2021 08:47
    Thank you for sharing the checklist.  It's helpful to see what types of questions are included.  Thanks again!

Rayna Potkonjak
    IRB Coordinator
    Logan Health

• 4.  RE: Analyst Checklist Format

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 11-12-2021 05:53
    I can share our analyst checklist with you and you can see if it works for your processes.  It has a brief section on determining human subjects research to ensure we should be reviewing it, then it does in to documenting things such as oversight, waivers, vulnerable pops, etc for the reviewer, checking for completeness, training, PI eligibility. It also has an exempt checklist so the analyst can do the exempt determination.

I attached our non-exempt review checklist also, in case you find it helpful.  It's a mess, I'm not gonna lie.  But it is pretty comprehensive.

Angela Bain, CIP, CIM
    Director, IRB Office
    Kennesaw State University

• 5.  RE: Analyst Checklist Format

Posted 11-22-2021 08:50
    Thanks for sharing both of these!  Even just seeing these examples will help me moving forward.  Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!

Rayna Potkonjak
    IRB Coordinator
    Logan Health