The College of Engineering & Applied Science (CEAS) at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) is seeking a Research Support Manager, who will be responsible for grant development and proposal support including working collaboratively with faculty to develop grant proposals that support the mission and goals of CEAS and UWM. Additionally, they will monitor key sources of grant funding opportunities, summarize, and disseminate this information that aligns with college needs and individual interests to faculty. Major responsibilities will include:
Proposal Development (75%)
Responsible for grant development and proposal support including working collaboratively with faculty to develop grant proposals that support the mission and goals of CEAS and UWM. Capable of writing persuasive, clear, and concise proposals.
Grant Research and Monitoring (25%)
Monitor key sources of grant funding opportunities, summarize and disseminate this information that aligns with college needs and individual interests to faculty.
• Two years of related experience of grant management/support
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• Experience in writing research grant proposals in technical or higher education environment for submission to large state/federal agencies.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Acrobat.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in either Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, English or related field.
• Record of participating in successful sponsored funding from submission of scientific/technical grant proposals and/or business to business proposals.
• Evidence of proficient editing skills, including technical knowledge, grammar and format.
• Ability to learn and to explain technical information clearly, concisely, and accurately.
• Excellent organization skills, ability to manage a large variety of tasks and set priorities; highly detail-oriented and able to work under tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written including presentations to small and large groups.
• Evidence of excellent research, analysis, ability to develop new approaches/methods/techniques to resolve problems.
• Evidence of professional development activities such as membership in National Council of University Research Administrators or Certified Research Administrator (CRA).
Complete information is provided in the attached position description. Apply at https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/30558.
Copyright © 2021 Cayuse. Site Design by eConverse Media.