General Discussion

• 1.  How will you celebrate National Research Administrator Day 9/25?

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 09-15-2020 15:05
    Edited by System 04-21-2021 09:16
    Hi Everyone,

Right after our Connect by Cayuse conference, it's time for the annual National Research Administrators Day
    on Friday, 9/25! How are you planning to celebrate this year? Virtual coffee break? Happy Hour toast at the end of the day? (I know that day is a P01 deadline, so some of you may be very busy!)

I hope you're able to take a brief break with your staff/colleagues that day to acknowledge the hard work of Research Admins, especially in this challenging year of the COVID crisis, remote working, and fast-moving funding opportunities like the CARES Act and COVID-related research.

All of us here at Cayuse appreciate your dedication, expertise, and contributions. Thank you.

Best regards,

Matty

------------------------------
    Matthew Gilreath
    Customer Success Manager
    Cayuse
    matty.gilreath@cayuse.com

• 2.  RE: How will you celebrate National Research Administrator Day 9/25?

RISING STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 09-16-2020 11:33
    Matty, thank you for posting this.

It is a reminder to all of us to take the time for a little self-care and also giving a little thank you to our colleagues for all the work and care that they put in each day.

My team and I were discussing NRA day this morning during our virtual coffee break.  Last year at this time we were all together in the office and we had an office lunch out.  I know that does not seem like much but for our busy office a lunch out was a big deal and we made the most of it.  It was a lovely fall day here in Boise with sunshine and a light breeze.  We sat outside and enjoyed Poke.  For one of our colleagues, it was her first experience with that type of cuisine.  It was a great day and a great memory.

This year we are all scattered around the Treasure Valley of Idaho.  We are all working remotely and will not have the pleasure of each other's company for NRA day.  So, we will be sending each other virtual "high 5s" to celebrate our agility in converting our office to a full remote support center in such a short time and for all of our accomplishments this year.  When you think about where we were last year, and how far we have come this year in the last 8 months I am amazed, overwhelmed and so proud of our staff.  We all deserve so much more than a virtual "high 5" but for now, that is the highest badge of esteem that I can give to them all.  That and my respect and friendship for all that they do.

So from Boise State University to all of the Cayuse Community - Thank you for all you do and Happy NRA day!

Cheers
    Michelle Davis

Michelle Davis
    Sr. Research Administrator
    Boise State University

• 3.  RE: How will you celebrate National Research Administrator Day 9/25?

SUPERSTAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 09-17-2020 05:31
    I have a small staff.  (another conversation for another day!!!)  But I'm going to send flowers to their homes.

A

Andrea Buford
    Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
    Oakland University

• 4.  RE: How will you celebrate National Research Administrator Day 9/25?

Posted 09-18-2020 05:55
    Hello,

Previous years, this day has been a good excuse for having cake but this year I think our VPR will send a little something to the entire OSP and I will let my team go early and treat them with a coffee gift card.

Vibeke

Vibeke Svensson
    Assistant Director, Sponsored Programs
    American University