General Discussions

• 1.  User friendly instructions for using Cayuse SP

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 01-13-2022 05:31
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

Hi, all, and Happy New Year!  Anyone out there willing to share how you developed Cayuse procedures for using Sponsored Projects and other modules?  I'm specifically interested in developing faculty-friendly instructions on how to use Cayuse SP and I'd like to know what's worked.  Would definitely like to avoid re-inventing the wheel.  Also, do you provide a link to somewhere on your departmental website?  Do you offer one on one training or group session training?  Did you find that to be necessary or was Cayuse SP pretty intuitive for faculty?  Thanks for any documents, feedback, or suggestions you may have.

• 2.  RE: User friendly instructions for using Cayuse SP

Posted 01-14-2022 05:21
    I have created numerous instructional documents for our instance of SP here at K-State. We house them in a variety of places (webpage, SharePoint sites, etc.) for staff and faculty.  I also found it extremely helpful and time saving to create a training recording (one for staff, one for faculty) that covers general functionality and basic tips and tricks for navigating the system.  When a new user is added we recommend them to view the training to answer the majority of their questions.  In terms of how I make the instruction sheets or helpful documents, it was a very tedious and long process but totally worth it.  I genuinely would sit and work through the entire process for the task I was trying to document and every single click, scroll, etc. I documented.  It created documents that eliminate most of the daily, "how do I do this" type questions.  Our external/public webpage is here if you want to take a look: Cayuse
    K-state remove preview
    Cayuse
    The Office of the Vice President for Research utilizes Cayuse SP for processing sponsored projects. Cayuse SP handles the entire sponsored project lifecycle management from proposal creation to award close out by providing a centralized system with cloud storage for all project records with easy access for research administrators as well as for principal investigators.
    View this on K-state >

------------------------------
    Mollie Robbins
    eRA Systems Manager & Training Coordinator
    Kansas State University

• 3.  RE: User friendly instructions for using Cayuse SP

Posted 01-17-2022 14:54
    This is awesome...thanks so much!

Audrey Wineglass Foster
    Assistant Dean for OSP + Research Svcs