General Discussions

• 1.  Review Determination/Polling

Posted 12-02-2020 10:27

Hello all,

Just curious how fellow Cayuse users conduct review determinations/polling for DMR using the Cayuse IACUC platform.

Our IACUC office currently sends the protocol or amendment out to all members as a "member review" where they "review, no questions" or request FCR. Then once the protocol or amendment comes back with no calls for FCR we send it via "designated review." Our office is concerned about the language here (review) making this method sound like a hybrid model so we're curious how others handle this.

Thanks in advance for sharing!

------------------------------
    Haley Peterson
    Science Administrative Assistant
    The Wistar Institute
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Review Determination/Polling

CAYUSE CHAMPION
    Posted 12-03-2020 10:45
    Haley,

If I'm understanding you right, you are saying that you submit the whole protocol to your members through Cayuse.  That's novel to me.  I'm intrigued.  You collect their responses in the workflow history, right?  Do you get close to 100% return, minus members who recuse?

I am polling members by email (?old-fashioned?), sending along the lay abstract in the email.  I await responses, which tend to be slow and I need to nudge.  This could be better.

About using the term review...  When the protocol is assigned for review, I include myself as the IACUC admin and put in notes as appropriate, including to the effect that I'm *not* voting.  See below.  You could have a phrase to enter when polling that clarifies it's not a review in the traditional sense.

And above the grids in the space below the header, you could explain what this "review" type means for anyone that questions.

I think this has potential.

Bruce