General Discussions

• 1.  Cayuse SP - Certification Text

Posted 06-09-2021 09:47
    Hello! We are in the early phases of implementing Cayuse SP and as we are building out our Proposal Form, we are taking the opportunity to review our processes related to internal routing and approval. Currently we are reviewing our certification text that we ask PIs and Co-PIs to certify when they submit a proposal. The text we use in our current homegrown system has been around for over 10 years, with additional text added at various times. It is quite lengthy. I am wondering if anyone would be willing to share the text that they use for this purpose. Thanks!

------------------------------
    Sarah Pratt
    Associate Director, Research and Sponsored Programs
    Western Michigan University
    Kalamazoo MI
    269-387-8301

• 2.  RE: Cayuse SP - Certification Text

Posted 06-09-2021 10:03
    Hi Sarah,

Below is the text that appears when a PI certifies... followed by the text when a dept chair/dean/center director authorizes a proposal:
    PI certification:
      In my role as an investigator, I understand and certify that:
      • The information submitted within this application is true, complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge. Any false, fictitious, or fraudulent statements or claims may subject the Organization, and the investigators to criminal, civil or administrative penalties.
      • I have the responsibility for the scientific, fiscal and ethical conduct of the project and to provide the required progress reports if an award is made.
      • I will ensure that all sponsored projects are conducted in accordance with the policies of the sponsor; including any and all training requirements for all supported personnel on this project.
      • I will comply with all relevant state and federal regulations, University policies and contractual obligations in administering the resultant award.
      • I will ensure that all investigators, staff and students working on the project have read, understand, and comply with the University's policies on Intellectual Property, the Drug Free WorkplaceConflict of InterestRisk Management, and other University research requirements.
      • I will disclose any and all items of intellectual property and do hereby assign them to the University as required by the University IP Policy or sponsor policies.

For federal proposals, in accordance with federal requirements, I also certify that:

• I am not delinquent in any federal debt;
    • I am not presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible or voluntarily excluded from current transactions by any federal department or agency;
    • I am familiar with and will comply with the Procurement Act (41 Sec 423 as amended) for contracts;
    • No federal appropriated funds have been or will be paid to influence or attempt to influence the granting of this award.
    In the event that I have delegated my signature authority to the person approving this proposal on my behalf, a copy of the delegation is on file at my organization. However, as an investigator, ultimate responsibility remains with me.

Dept chair/Dean/Center Director authorization:
    As Dean/Chair/Director, I understand and assume the following responsibilities with respect to this application:
    • It is an appropriate activity within the Department/Center/Institute; and supports the mission of the University.
    • That the Department/Center/Institute has agreed to provide the resources identified in this application.
    • When applicable, these resources could include cost sharing and the responsibility for reimbursement of costs to the University in the event that the sponsor is unable to pay the University for research expenses incurred during the period of performance of this project.
    In the event that I have delegated my signature authority to the person approving on my behalf, a copy of the delegation is on file at my organization. However as Dean/Chair/Director, ultimate responsiblity remains with me.

Terri Hall
    Director, Research Business Intelligence
    University of Notre Dame
    South Bend IN
    574-631-7378

• 3.  RE: Cayuse SP - Certification Text

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 06-11-2021 13:07
    Hi Sarah!
    This is what ours says, and it links to a number of policies