General Discussions

Tip of the week: Board member profiles in Human Ethics

• 1.  Tip of the week: Board member profiles in Human Ethics

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 10-05-2021 15:44

Hi eveyrone,

My name is Thomas Keller and I'm back for another tip of the week!

I don't know about all of you, but if there is a way to save a little bit of time I'm all about it.  As I've been working on Human Ethics implementations, I get to hear a lot about each institution's processes.  One that has been repeated over time is how offices assign a board member to review a study.  Often times there is a separate tracking sheeting that is used for this. 

Did you know that you can use the Board Member's profile as part of Human Ethics to keep track of this information?  Benefits of this include: 

• This information is displayed at the time you are choosing a board member to review the study.
    • Consistency
    • Ease of updating and keeping track of this information
    • Ease of identifying who your community board member is

Where do you find this?  As an IRB Administrator, in Human Ethics navigate to the More Tab, then click on "Institutional Review Boards".  Choose your Board and then you will be presented with a list of your board members as seen below.

Human Ethics screenshot

From this view, you can see their status, representation and affiliation.  All of this is editable by either double click on the board member's name or clicking the ellipsis to the left of the name. 

Human Ethics screenshot

The Degree, Scientific Status, Representation and Office fields are free-form  Use these in a consistent way of your choosing and in a way to make your life just a bit easier too. 

When you are in Pre-Review status as an IRB Analyst, one of your steps will be to Choose a Review Type and Board.  The Information you entered into the Board Members' profiles will be presented to you. 

Human Ethics screenshot

------------------------------
    Thomas Keller
    Services Professional & Consultant
    Cayuse
    ------------------------------