General Discussions

• 1.  Tip of the week: Deleting drafts in Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 09-28-2021 09:01

Hi everyone,

For this week's tip of the week, I have a screen recording showing how to delete draft protocols and amendments in Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety. If you have any of these drafts lingering in your system, this will show you how to remove them. Reply here if you have any questions!

------------------------------
    Sarah Josway
    Professional Services Consultant
    Cayuse

• 2.  RE: Tip of the week: Deleting drafts in Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety

CAYUSE CHAMPION
    Posted 09-29-2021 07:13

Sarah,

Another helpful tip.

What happens to the protocol number that is deleted, then?  Is it recycled – made available to another PI?

Thanks,

Bruce

• 3.  RE: Tip of the week: Deleting drafts in Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 09-29-2021 07:44
    Hi Bruce,

This is such a great question! Rather than deleting the draft, the system saves the draft and moves it into 'Canceled' status. It will no longer show up on the homepage in any of the alerts which display approved submissions, items in draft, and items in review. All canceled drafts are accessible from the Searches and Reports. From the protocol search in the IACUC Office or IBC Office role, you have the ability to copy 'Canceled' drafts to new protocol numbers or to new PIs. You can also click 'Protocol Versions Preview' to view the draft.

Please see the screenshots below from the Protocol Search, where I search by status 'Canceled.'

I always appreciate your great questions, Bruce!

Have a great day,
    Sarah

Sarah Josway
    Professional Services Consultant
    Cayuse