General Discussions

• 1.  Introducing the Cayuse tip of the week

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 08-03-2021 15:50

Hi all,

I wanted to let you all know that we're going to be trying something new and from now through the end of October, a Cayuse staffer will be posting a tip every week showing how to make the most of Cayuse apps. If you have a tip, shoot me an email at simon.helton@cayuse.com and I'll make it worth your while.

I hope these are helpful!

------------------------------
    Simon Helton
    He/him
    Community Manager
    Cayuse

• 2.  RE: Introducing the Cayuse tip of the week

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 08-03-2021 15:59

Hi everyone,

My name is Sarah Josway and I'm a Professional Services Consultant here at Cayuse. For our first tip, I'll show you how you can update past committee meeting minutes in the Animal Oversight and Hazard Safety apps. You can see the steps in the attached video.

Sarah Josway
    Cayuse

• 3.  RE: Introducing the Cayuse tip of the week

CAYUSE CHAMPION
    Posted 08-04-2021 18:58
    Sarah,

First, I want to thank you and Cayuse for initiating training videos about the "tools" within Cayuse to help the rest of us get our jobs done and meet regulatory expectations.  I look forward to more of these tips.

I have minimal experience with the agenda and minutes features, so forgive my ignorance.  What you presented is helpful, and at the same time, I had to watch the video five times to absorb the information (I do the same with YouTube instructional videos).

My questions/thoughts:
    - I would not intuitively go to the agenda section to find the minutes.  Perhaps a label change is in order.
    - You mentioned (~2:15) providing minutes to the VMO.  How does one print off the original and modified minutes as shown here?  Alternatively, how can they be exported into a word processing software for further clean-up and integration with an existing format?  Perhaps these are ideas for future tips.

thank you,
    Bruce

• 4.  RE: Introducing the Cayuse tip of the week

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 08-05-2021 14:36
    Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your feedback and great ideas! The Cayuse system stores past agendas and minutes in the same section. I like your idea of updating the search name to clarify that it displays minutes as well.

Currently, there is no functionality in the system to access old versions of the minutes.

To open a word processing version of the minutes, I've found that you can save the PDF version of the minutes and export to a Word file using a PDF software such as Adobe. I agree that it would be great to have the ability to export to different formats in the system.

Thank you so much for your engagement in the Cayuse Community! Sharing your ideas helps our product team identify how to improve these applications, so we really value your feedback.

All the best,
    Sarah

Sarah Josway
    Cayuse