General Discussions

• 1.  Delivery schedules and animal order receiving

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 08-24-2020 07:17
    I'm interested in hearing how other facilities handle animal deliveries.   Do you create delivery schedules?   Are animals received into the system as they are housed or after the process is complete?   Who is entering the receiving information?

Thanks much for sharing.

Lorraine

------------------------------
    Lorraine Bell
    Training Program Coordinator
    University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus

• 2.  RE: Delivery schedules and animal order receiving

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 09-10-2020 08:15
    Hi, Lorraine!

I'm tagging my colleague @Lindsay Andrews here. She worked as an Animal Technician and IACUC Administrator for many years in many different programs and I'm sure she has some insight to share.

Lindsay - any thoughts for Lorraine?

Best,
    Stef​

Stefanie Friesen
    Cayuse

• 3.  RE: Delivery schedules and animal order receiving

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 09-24-2020 10:17
    Edited by System 01-31-2022 06:35

Good Afternoon Lorraine, 

On our intranet site, we have a table listing all of the approved vendors and they all share the same delivery cut-off times. We also post a schedule of Holidays and how it will impact deliveries and order submission deadlines. Normally, we have a cutoff of Tuesday at 8am for deliveries to be received on the following Monday. We try to receive all animal shipments on Mondays, but there are some variations due to vendor availability, transport conditions, weather, etc. 

Evins Wardlaw
    Systems Analyst of Bioresources
    St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

• 4.  RE: Delivery schedules and animal order receiving

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 09-24-2020 10:37
    Thanks much Evins.   I was actually wondering about a schedule of arriving animals from the vendors.   We get deliveries each week and on the Friday prior, we are creating a delivery schedule that lists all of the orders for a particular facility.

Do you do something like that?

Lorraine Bell
    Training Program Coordinator
    University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus

• 5.  RE: Delivery schedules and animal order receiving

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 09-24-2020 10:45
    Edited by System 01-31-2022 06:35

Per order basis, we have the equivalent of a Bill of Lading that gets produced through GRANITE. Everything goes into Quarantine upon arrival. Once they clear quarantine, we split the cages according to how they requested the animals to be housed and deliver the cages to the staging area of their corridor along with new cage cards; then notify the PIs that their animals have cleared quarantine and have been delivered to staging. Sorry if that's too much detail and not what you're asking. As for Cayuse, we haven't seen how that works, yet, but we should find out in the next couple weeks. 

For the staff placing the orders - we try to provide them some detail before they place orders... however, the new Animal Ordering experience will blow this out of the water. Anyways, I've attached a screenshot from a portion of our intranet site which provides some detail to the requestor. However, I think you're looking more for what's provided "per order", right?

Vendor Details - Prior to placing an Animal Order

Evins Wardlaw
    Database Analyst of Bioresources
    St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

• 6.  RE: Delivery schedules and animal order receiving

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 09-24-2020 12:37
    Yes.    Here's a snippet of one of our reports that is produced each week:

Lorraine Bell