General Discussions

• 1.  Clarification re: OneAdmin and salary info in SP 3.10

Posted 10-01-2020 06:16
    Will OneAdmin, coming in Cayuse SP 3.10, allow us to hide salary information for some roles, and view or edit access for others? I believe this has been covered somewhere, but I don't recall the answer.

As a private university, the leadership does not want us to enable HR Connect for fear it will allow salary phishing. With this upgrade, I'm thinking there may be an opportunity.

And can we get an update on when 3.10 will be available for scheduling? Release notes? Webinar?
    Thanks,
    Terri

------------------------------
    Terri Hall
    Director, Research Business Intelligence
    University of Notre Dame

• 2.  RE: Clarification re: OneAdmin and salary info in SP 3.10

SUPERSTAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 10-02-2020 11:04
    I'm holding my breath on the answer to Terri's question as well.  We, too, have avoided HR Connect for similar reasons.  With the tying together of all our Cayuse products, it would be a shame not to be able to use the new time-saving features due to access concerns.

So, if what we'd like is not currently possible, I second an enhancement request for even more granular access privileges! :-)

Happy Friday, everyone.
    -Lisa

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    Lisa Churchill
    Sr. Grants Information Manager
    The Salk Institute for Biological Studies

• 3.  RE: Clarification re: OneAdmin and salary info in SP 3.10

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 10-02-2020 16:25
    Hi Lisa and Terri,

I know ​​the salary info question came up last week
    at a Connect session but I'm not sure there was time to answer it.

I'm bringing in @Erica Beffert and @Kelly Morgan here to answer
    these questions.

Thanks,

Matty

Matty Gilreath
    Customer Success Manager
    Cayuse
    matty.gilreath@cayuse.comCustomer Success Manager

• 4.  RE: Clarification re: OneAdmin and salary info in SP 3.10

Posted 10-02-2020 18:08
    Hi Terri,

These are good questions.

Currently, in the Admin app on the platform, authorized administrators (RS Admin Administrator or RS Admin Viewer) may view and edit all data on person profiles including salary. And as profile information flows through to Proposals S2S that salary information can be auto-filled into a proposal where it would be visible to researchers developing the proposal. The feature has the benefit of making it easy to estimate salary costs for budget building, but we understand some institutions may need to forgo this feature due to privacy concerns around salary.

We plan to introduce a new role within the Admin app some time (probably Q1) which would allow you to control which users are able to view/edit salary information. Initially this will only control salary visibility within the Admin app, however, the plan is for the role to gradually go in to affect across all Cayuse apps (Fund Manager, Sponsored Projects, etc.) wherever salary is visible.

In the mean time, you don't need to forgo implementing HR Connect. Many customers implement it and simply to do not load salary information as that is completely optional. I recommend going ahead and taking advantage of HR Connect now without loading salary, and then you can start sending salary information once the role is in place within the apps you care about.

I will let @Kelly Morgan speak to the timing and other info around the SP 3.10 release.

Have a relaxing weekend and take care.

Erica

Erica Beffert
    Cayuse

• 5.  RE: Clarification re: OneAdmin and salary info in SP 3.10

SUPERSTAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 10-04-2020 15:59
    Thanks, Erica!

I'm probably missing something here, but what are the benefits of implementing HR Connect (which is/has not been free) if we're not using the salary connection?

Best,
    -Lisa

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    Lisa Churchill
    Sr. Grants Information Manager
    The Salk Institute for Biological Studies

• 6.  RE: Clarification re: OneAdmin and salary info in SP 3.10

Posted 10-05-2020 08:11
    Hi Lisa,

The benefit certainly varies by business process. Even without the salary information you can use HR Connect to automatically create Cayuse accounts for new researchers, for example, reducing the need to manually respond to account requests. Names and contact information can be uploaded as well. Again, it will depend on what information is available in your source system.

Best,

Erica

Erica Beffert
    Cayuse

• 7.  RE: Clarification re: OneAdmin and salary info in SP 3.10

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 10-06-2020 05:51
    We haven't implemented it at Oakland because our HR system data is so messy that pulling it and automatically piping it into Cayuse would undo a lot of the standardization work we did when we set up the Cayuse infrastructure. (For example, we decided that titles in Cayuse would be minimalist - Assistant Professor, Associate Dean, Director, etc. In our HR system, they're all over the place - when they're even there.

Is there a way (or will a way be forthcoming in a future release) to port over only selected fields, or to force standardization on what transfers?

Michael Spires
    Research Development Officer
    Oakland University
    Rochester, MI
    (he/him)
    mspires@oakland.edu

• 8.  RE: Clarification re: OneAdmin and salary info in SP 3.10

Posted 10-06-2020 14:21

Hello all!  So glad to see this discussion happening and you are all asking the right questions!

To Terri's original question about timeline for SP 3.10 (the version where SP is truly "on the platform") we're looking at a customer release in Q1 of 2021. We do plan to have a webinar to walk through the changes and answer questions and will be publishing release notes to our Support Site once all the development work and regression testing have been completed.

If your institution is really excited to have your SP instance moved to the Platform (and we hope you are) there are some things that you can do now to prepare for this move.  The best place to start is by auditing your existing user, unit, and sponsor information in Proposals (S2S) and Backbone.  No need to make changes right now or undertake undue cleanup, but it's a great time to get a lay of the land and understand if there is information that should be updated, deprecated, or edited before we enter into discussions about upgrading the management of that data to the Admin Module.  

Thanks,
    Kelly

Kelly Morgan
    Product Manager, Pre-Award
    Cayuse