Open Position: Senior Proposal Administrator I

• 1.  Open Position: Senior Proposal Administrator I

RISING STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 12-17-2020 10:19

Senior Proposal Administrator I

*Visit listing for full description.

Job Description

What we want

We are looking to hire a candidate who will support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of  education and experience as well as four years of budget or proposal experience in a university or business environment. We want a candidate who loves working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, providing exceptional customer service in a consultative manner, and possesses excellent communication skills. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity to join our team.

What you need to know

Please note: Applicants are strongly encouraged to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (to include at least one previous supervisor). You may upload this information as one document under CV/Resume.

Responsibilities:

•  Proposal Preparation and Coordination - Provides support to researchers in the preparation of proposals which includes determining the sponsor's requirements and preparation of budgets and forms according to the guidelines established by Texas A&M University, Office of Management and Budget Circulars, Federal Cost Accounting Standard, and sponsor guidelines. Prepares supplementary proposal documents with minimal supervision and ensures proposals are complete before being forwarded to the sponsor. Prepares proposal revisions and responds to requests related to proposal submissions. Coordinates with researchers, department/unit heads, deans, directors and staff to resolve proposal issues and provides information as requested.
    • Proposal Review and Compliance - Reviews proposals for compliance issues. Reviews program announcements and with minimal direction determines pertinent proposal requirements. Communicates guidelines and proposal requirements to Principal Investigators. Acquires basic knowledge of human subjects, animal subjects, Recombinant DNA, Export Controls, etc.
    • Proposal Submission - Provides support to researchers in the submission of proposals. Enters proposal information into required submission systems (i.e., Grants.gov, etc.) and financial systems.
    • Training and Mentoring - Assists the director and assistant directors in training and mentoring Proposal Administrator I and II staff. Assists less experienced staff in making recommendations to directors and assistant directors regarding complex and non-standard proposal issues. Develops and presents recommendations to director and assistant directors on policy and procedure development.
    • Other - Performs other duties as assigned.

For questions or concerns, please contact Sue Hibbs (shibbs@tamu.edu), Amanda Reitmayer (areitmayer@tamu.edu).

------------------------------
    Lyndal Arceneaux, CRA
    Sr. Proposal Administrator I, Team Lead
    Texas A&M University
    College Station, TX
    979-862-2465
    ------------------------------