Job Board

View Only

Position Opening – (REMOTE WORK AVAILABLE) Research Accountant I (Post-Award) in Financial Management & Compliance in Knoxville, TN

• 1.  Position Opening – (REMOTE WORK AVAILABLE) Research Accountant I (Post-Award) in Financial Management & Compliance in Knoxville, TN

Posted 01-25-2022 05:08

We are pleased to announce that the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK) has two position openings for a Research Accountant I in our post-award Division of Research Administration (DRA) office as a part of the Office of Research, Innovation and Economic Development.

The University of Tennessee has recently been ranked by Forbes magazine as the 7th best employer among all businesses in Tennessee and as the top university in the state. UT has much to offer, including:

Comprehensive benefits packages

Enrollment fee waivers and discounts for staff, spouses, and dependents

Established community of research, partnerships, and student success

Knoxville has something for everyone! We look forward to your application.

Apply through our job portal website here: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_knoxville/jobdetail.ftl?job=21000002KE

You may find additional information about our department here.

POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT

Office of Research, Innovation and Economic Development, Division of Research Administration (DRA) is seeking to hire a Research Accountant I. The principle responsibilities are as follows:

• Provide accurate and timely financial reports and invoices to sponsors.
    • Ensure the rapid collection of all monies owed to the University under these awards.
    • Provide regulatory guidance to faculty, department heads, and departmental accounting staff.
    • Provide training to university personnel on accounting procedures for sponsored projects.
    • Review grant and contract activity to ensure financial compliance.
    • Hybrid/remote work options available (see below).

This position is part of a departmental career path program.  Job level and salary is based on prior related experience.

As part of our commitment to supporting a culture of work-life balance, we offer hybrid/remote work options (upon completion of probationary period).

(TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE)

Basic Requirements:

Education: Bachelor's Degree with minimum of six hours of accredited college accounting courses.

Required Experience:  Three years of professional accounting-related experience.

(Preferred Experience):

Knowledge of UT fiscal, human resource and research policies; Knowledge of Uniform Guidance, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and granting agency requirements; Knowledge of SAP and/or Cayuse

Apply through our job portal website here: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_knoxville/jobdetail.ftl?job=21000002KE

------------------------------
    Bethany Williams
    Business Systems Analyst
    University of Tennessee, Knoxville
    ------------------------------