General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Salary Information in PI's Profile

RISING STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 04-12-2022 14:58
    Edited by Jonathan Lew 04-12-2022 14:59
    How does your campus handle salary information being entered in PI's Professional Profile so that it can be auto-loaded into applications in S2S? Do you fully utilize HR Connect or do you leave it for individual PIs/Depts. to maintain?

What about fringe benefit rates?

Any campuses that instruct users not to include Salary Information and/or Fringe Benefit Rates? If so, why?

------------------------------
    Jonathan Lew
    ERA Officer
    University of California, Irvine

• 2.  RE: Salary Information in PI's Profile

RISING STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 04-13-2022 04:11
    We are in the process of implementing HR Connect. Once it is implemented, all of our salary information will be loaded from our payroll system into the platform that way. We are hoping that fringe will work the same way, but we're working through that right now.

Eric Boerngen
    Outreach Coordinator, Research and Graduate Studies
    Illinois State University
    edboern@ilstu.edu

• 3.  RE: Salary Information in PI's Profile

Posted 04-13-2022 06:55
    Hi Jonathan,
    I have used HR Connect at both institutions where we implemented Cayuse  424/proposals.
    In short, its the bomb!  Salaries are adjusted real-time for PIs.  We were fortunate to have small salary increases in January and they were immediately reflected in the professional profiles.
    We also use fringe rates.  We have a federal and a non-federal fringe rate, so we have both loaded into the Institutional profile.
    My former institution was a public and we were accustomed to salaries being an open book, so there was less concern using HR Connect.
    There was some resistance initially to salaries feeding into Cayuse at my current institution which is private.
    However, after much discussion it was decided that the HR Connect feed was a much safer way to distribute salary information and more accurate.

Angela Rochat
    Executive Director of Research
    Loyola Marymount University