General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Vet Care billing services

Posted 04-21-2022 08:49
    We are wanting to start billing for services through our Vet Care for certain activities and just need a basic walkthrough of how it works. Are any of you using this feature? We need to keep better track of our health technicians times so we can charge the labs properly. I am willing to do a zoom call and I can have my technicians on as well.

Any help is appreciated

Thank you,
    Nicola Eaton

------------------------------
    Nicola Eaton
    Administrative Supervisor/DLAC
    La Jolla Institute for Allergy & Immunology

• 2.  RE: Vet Care billing services

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 04-22-2022 09:26

Hi Nicola,

I'm going to tag a few other Vet Care users just to make sure they see this. @Jonathan Selby, @Donna Sipe, @Carolyn Russell, @Dustin Kentala, @Brooke Rogerson-Beede, @Gregory Lawson, @Timothy Wilson, @Stacy LeBlanc, @Holly Turner

​​​​​​​​​​​

Simon Helton
    He/him
    Community Manager
    Cayuse

• 3.  RE: Vet Care billing services

Posted 04-22-2022 09:53
    Hi - We have not been able to really get the Vet Care module to a useful place. I would have to check with our Vets here to remember the reasons it was not able to be implemented as it currently stands.  I know we do want to use it, so I'd love to hear more about how others have been able to implement, or what work arounds were needed.

Best regards,
    Holly Turner

Holly Turner
    OLAC Research Staff Trainer
    University of California, Berkeley
    holly.turner@berkeley.edu

• 4.  RE: Vet Care billing services

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 04-25-2022 08:59

Good Morning,
    We have a long narrative on how the Vet Care the module failed us but we maintain hope for the next version of Vet Care. Essentially, it wasn't designed for use by non-Veterinary Technicians nor does it support large-volume animal care. It excels at specific, individualized care records - but the path to get there, drove our users to abandon it. 

We currently have about 30,000 animal cages - with a capacity that can reach 60,000 animal cages. We have  100+ Husbandry Technicians - who perform observation checks on the cages, at a minimum of twice per day. Next, for escalated levels of animal care, we have 6 Veterinary Technicians and 3 Veterinarians in the department. For us, we needed the Vet Care module to allow our 100 Husbandry Technicians to be our front-line reporters for sick or abnormally behaving animals. Unfortunately, the Husbandry Technicians are not certified/qualified to diagnose all of the 27 reportable conditions available in Vet Care... so, we ended up simplifying their options to "Sick, Flooded Cage, Overcrowded Cage, Found Dead". "Sick" really just means the Husbandry Technicians have flagged the cage for a member of the Veterinary Care team to assess and diagnose.

We are now performing a second round of piloting cases in the Vet Care module.... I'll have to report back as combine all the feedback from the Vet Care team. 

When we looked at Vet Care for our Biocontainment Level 3 area - they have a lot more data entry points per animal. Unfortunately, there wasn't an efficient/optimized method to enter the data points for each animal within containment. Having to navigate the UI to finally get to the case profile to enter the data, was adding a tremendous amount of time to the process - versus the paper medical records available nearby for the USDA regulated animals. In theory, we'd love to see an interactive inventory screen of the animals in the room - where you can easily flag animals who have abnormal datapoints, launch a pop-up or link to enter those data points.... then proceed. Such an interface would provide a time-savings in the daily ovservation process while also getting us the digital data points requested by hospital administration.

Thanks, 

Evins

Evins Wardlaw
    Systems Analyst of Bioresources
    St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

• 5.  RE: Vet Care billing services

Posted 04-27-2022 11:58
    Hi Evan! Thanks for your response on this. I'm a Product Manager and will be working on the new Vet Care module. I'd like to explore this a bit more with you so that we can include this need in our future development work. Would it be okay if I add you down as a contact for the Vet Care module so that we can get additional information and validate some of our early designs?

Thanks!
    Alison

Alison Martin
    Product Manager
    Cayuse

• 6.  RE: Vet Care billing services

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 04-27-2022 12:04
    Yes, I would be happy to help - there's a massive amount of potential with this platform.

Evins Wardlaw
    Systems Analyst of Bioresources
    St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

• 7.  RE: Vet Care billing services

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 04-26-2022 12:42
    Hi Holly,

As your Customer Success Manager, I wanted to jump in here and offer to help. I just chatted with our Professional Services Consultant, @John Farley, and we'd like to meet with you for an hour or so to discuss how to make the Vet Care app work best for you. I'll follow up with you via email in a moment with some suggested times for us to chat.

Thanks,

Matty​

Matty Gilreath
    Customer Success Manager
    Cayuse
    matty.gilreath@cayuse.com

• 8.  RE: Vet Care billing services

CAYUSE CHAMPION
    Posted 04-28-2022 07:05
    Hi Nicola,

We use Vet Care pretty extensively for medical records and billing. I'd be happy to chat with you and your team. Feel free to shoot me an email at kdscott1@mdanderson.org and we can setup a Zoom call, if you'd like.

Thanks,

Kim Scott

Kimberly Scott
    Associate Director, Animal Facility Operations
    MD Anderson Cancer Center