General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Error with NSF Application

Posted 09-22-2021 13:02

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone ever received the below message from Fastlane?  NSF has verified that the PI's NSF ID is correct.  We have never seen this before and the PI has submitted a proposal prior.  Thanks!

Organization Name: Texas A&M University
    Grants.gov ID: GRANTXXXXXXXX

The National Science Foundation (NSF) could not download the above referenced application from Grants.gov. The following errors have been identified:

-Error-0094. Your application has been rejected because the NSF ID: 000XXXXXX provided for the PI on the NSF Senior Key Person Expanded form is not a valid PI registered with NSF for your organization. See Section 2.1.1 under NSF-SPECIFIC FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS on the NSF Grants.gov Application Guide for additional information.

Please contact NSF IT (Information Technology) Help Central for questions or concerns you may have regarding the use of FastLane. NSF IT Help Central operates from 7 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except holidays) and can be reached via e-mail at fastlane@nsf.gov or by calling 1-800-673-6188.

------------------------------
    Amanda Reitmayer
    Assistant Director of Preaward and Effort Compliance
    Texas A&M University

• 2.  RE: Error with NSF Application

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 09-22-2021 15:20

Hi Amanda,

I asked internally and it sounds like this is most likely on the NSF side and they suggested you contact them to review the issue. Sorry I don't have better advice!

Simon

Simon Helton
    He/him
    Community Manager
    Cayuse

• 3.  RE: Error with NSF Application

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 09-23-2021 06:23
    Amanda,

Is this a new PI to TX A&M or was their prior submission through your institution?  It sounds like the PI's ID is correct but they are not affiliated with you in FastLane.  I would definitely check with NSF to confirm and then affiliate them if necessary.

Hope this helps!

Vicky King
    Services Professional & Consultant
    Cayuse
    victoria.king@cayuse.com