General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  NSF Survey - planning for next year

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 04-22-2021 12:22
    Hello Colleagues!

As we start planning the next NSF Survey submission, I'm wondering how institutions may utilize Cayuse to collect data for the NSF Survey.

Any input is welcome!

Thanks,
    Domenica

------------------------------
    Domenica Pappas
    Assistant Vice Provost for Research
    Illinois Institute of Technology
    Chicago IL
    312-567-3987

• 2.  RE: NSF Survey - planning for next year

SUPERSTAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 04-23-2021 04:01
    Do you mean the HERD survey?  I stand in humble awe that you're getting ready for it already.

We can use Cayuse for some research expenditures, but not all.  We're in a transitional state where we still have grants (one 40 years long with a single fund-number at NIH) that are so old that they were never entered into Cayuse.  I'm seriously just waiting for these to age out and close.  So, the short answer is that we mostly use our accounting system - Banner, in our case.

And I can't see how Cayuse would really ever know about institutional research expenditures like start-up packages, lab build-outs, etc...  It'll keep track of cost-share, and that's beautiful - but because of internal oddities we're struggling a little even with tuition waivers.  (That's on us, not Cayuse..... every university has its quirks!)

On the SP/424/pre-award side of Cayuse, I am hoping for the ability to add more detail about type of research and the number and employment categories of research personnnel.  Those new questions on last year's HERD stymied me a little.

But I'm certainly open to the wisdom of the group!

Andrea

Andrea Buford
    Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
    Oakland University
    Rochester MI

• 3.  RE: NSF Survey - planning for next year

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 04-27-2021 09:48

Yep!

Thanks Andrea!

Domenica

Domenica G. Pappas, CRA

Assistant Vice Provost for Research

Office of Research

Check out Illinois Tech's research magazine, "Illinois Tech Research"

The Offices of Research are working remotely, but staff remain available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am  – 5:00 pm.  The best way to contact me is via email at pappas@iit.edu

3392804653_1222013

10 W. 35th Street, Suite 7D7-1

Chicago, IL 60616

Phone: 312-567-3987

Email: pappas@iit.edu