General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  IACUC and Animals Programs Reporting

Posted 11-05-2021 12:20
    Hi all,

We came to Cayuse as former customers of eSirius, and like many of you, are needing to move to the Cayuse Platform and the cloud.

The following reports have been fulfilled via 3rd party reporting. We are being told we won't be able to use 3rd party reporting once in the cloud anymore. If you have already moved to the cloud, how do you pull your reports for this information?

Cage wash – Sent each Thursday; number of mouse cages arriving the following Monday for them to plan and prepare.

Protocols by Strain – Finds active protocols with a particular strain included in the Strain Information section.

Strain list – list of strains currently in eSirius (since we manage the list manually)

Procedural areas – Pulls information from the Outside Housing section of the approved IACUC protocols for areas outside the vivarium where live animals are taken, which are required to be inspected every 6 months.

AAALAC Report not included in eSirius – Protocols that include Food and H2O restriction, the justification and how the animals will be monitored.

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Elizabeth Collins
    Director, Research Information Technology
    University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus

• 2.  RE: IACUC and Animals Programs Reporting

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 11-15-2021 15:14

Hi Elizabeth,

Sorry for the slow response here! I'm going to email you privately to see if you'd like to have a call with some of the product team to see if they can help you with this. They have some good suggestions, but want to talk it through to make sure they understand your needs.

Simon

Simon Helton
    He/him
    Community Manager
    Cayuse

• 3.  RE: IACUC and Animals Programs Reporting

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 11-16-2021 06:25
    Elizabeth,

You can use the Order Report in Cayuse to get cage numbers for expected delivery.    It might not be as elegant as the 3rd party report you are running currently but it's relatively quick.

Thanks,
    Lorraine

Lorraine Bell
    Training Program Coordinator
    University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus

• 4.  RE: IACUC and Animals Programs Reporting

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 12-07-2021 13:08

We're contemplating moving to Cloud but not being able to generate 3rd-party reports, or visual data dashboards, would be another show-stopper on moving to the Cloud. Simon, please tell me this is some kind of early roadblock but eventually Cayuse will allow 3rd Party data connections? 

We currently use Microsoft Power BI to generate many real-time dashboards for things like animal health cases, remaining time on protocol cycle, remaining available animals on protocols, etc. 

Evins Wardlaw
    Database Analyst of Bioresources
    St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

• 5.  RE: IACUC and Animals Programs Reporting

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 12-07-2021 15:20

Hi Evins,

Looking into this now! I'll let you know what I find out.

Simon Helton
    He/him
    Community Manager
    Cayuse

• 6.  RE: IACUC and Animals Programs Reporting

TEAM CAYUSE
    Posted 12-15-2021 09:58

Hi again Evins,

Sorry for the slow response! I've had a sick kiddo at home, so my working hours have been limited.

Not to pass the buck, but I was told you should ask your Customer Success Manager about this so that you can be sure and get an accurate answer that takes into account the details of what you're wanting to accomplish. 

Simon Helton
    He/him
    Community Manager
    Cayuse

• 7.  RE: IACUC and Animals Programs Reporting

STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 12-15-2021 10:13

Sorry to hear that but I hope they're doing better now. 

As for the data issue, I'll continue the conversation with Kristina. I just don't see how Cayuse can justify data connections for integrations with other systems like census systems, financial systems, human resource systems, o or external training systems, on one hand...  but then say clients can't use third party reporting tools on their data, with the other hand. If we are being restricted access to our own data, that entirely goes against the spirit of our Hospital and what our mission is about. 

Evins Wardlaw
    Database Analyst of Bioresources
    St. Jude Children's Research Hospital