General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Equipment Transfers

SUPERSTAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 12-15-2020 12:55
    Background - which you already know, but let me set the stage.    Relinquishing grant-funded equipment when a PI transfers to another university is technically a courtesy.  We're happy to do it, when the University couldn't really use that equipment anyway.

Documenting that willingness to relinquish requires routing.

Does the post-award/fund manager module allow for this need?  We're in the process of purchasing that, but I've wanted it for so long, I sort of think it's like the pony I never got for Christmas ;)

If Fund Manager does allow for that routing and documentation of the transfer, then I won't spend any time developing a new procedure.  (Believe me when I tell you that you don't want to know what the old procedure was.) If it doesn't, then I'd be curious how people are tracking that, something other than paper.

Thanks,
    Andrea

------------------------------
    Andrea Buford
    Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
    Oakland University

• 2.  RE: Equipment Transfers

Posted 12-23-2020 14:00

Hi Andrea, 

Thanks so much for reaching out! And congrats on adding Fund Manager to your suite of Cayuse products.

Fund Manager has some really powerful features, from improving budget oversight to projecting future expenses. Currently, there is no routing feature, however, it sounds like a potential product idea

When you get a chance, let us know about the procedure you've landed on? And feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. 

Ena Bevrnja
    Community Manager
    Cayuse