General Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Human Ethics trouble accesssing

SPEAKER
    Posted 03-16-2022 10:04
    Reports from our researchers that they cannot access Human Ethics, they can log in but when the click on HE they get a blank page or error message.  I've submitted a ticket.  Just wondering if other institutions are experiencing this.  I've given them all the following instructions, which are not helping the issue.

1) Delete cookies and history
    2) Close and reopen browser
    3) Try a new browser
    4) In Chrome, try incognito mode
    5) Don't bookmark the sign-in site, that can cause issues

Thanks,

Amy

------------------------------
    Amy Krenzer
    Senior Human Research Protection Analyst, Research Compliance and Regulatory Programs
    Montclair State University

• 2.  RE: Human Ethics trouble accesssing

RISING STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 03-17-2022 06:49
    Good morning Amy,

Researchers at my institution are also experiencing the same kinds of issues logging into HE. I have given the same advice, which does sometimes resolves the issue, but sometimes it does not. I hope Cayuse support has a solution to help resolve these access issues, because the IRB process is too complex/cumbersome (according to some of my researchers), and then they are forced to deal with technical issues on top of that. It does make me feel somewhat better that my institution is not the only one experiencing these issues. Keep us posted on what, if anything, Cayuse advises you to do. Thanks for sharing. Take care.

Sharla Miles, M.Ed., CIP
    Director, Research Compliance
    Sam Houston State University
    Huntsville, TX
    (936) 294-4875
    sharla_miles@shsu.edu

• 3.  RE: Human Ethics trouble accesssing

Posted 03-18-2022 06:38

Hello Amy,

We too have had issues.  Our researchers do not seem to be having the same issues as analyst and administrators.  The platform has been well received and has been wonderful in processing IRB studies, once we can access HE.  We've tried all things listed including rebooting and it is hit or miss.  It is frustrating that I cannot get in and yet at the same time my assistant has no issues.  Cayuse has responded and found solutions for most issue during implementation (November 21), but this seems to continue.

Best,

Julia

Julia A. Mays
    Associate Director Research Compliance  
    Office of Research and Innovation
    1903 W. Michigan Avenue MS 5456
    251W Walwood Hall
    Kalamazoo, MI  49008-5456
    Phone: 269-387-8293
    Fax: 269-387-8276
    julia.mays@wmich.edu

77822851-681d-453d-926a-23b51fa93688

ORI is transitioning to the Cayuse Research Proposal System on Jan 18.

Go to the ORI Cayuse webpage (https://wmich.edu/research/cayuse) for more information.

• 4.  RE: Human Ethics trouble accesssing

SPEAKER
    Posted 03-21-2022 08:51

Hi All,

I was asked to give the help desk the names of the people who could not access, I gave them three names, but have not heard back with what the problem was or how it was resolved.  It's very confusing. One of the three got back to me that they could now get into Cayuse HE.  Haven't heard back from the other two, and I'm unsure of how many people are really experiencing problems.

Amy

Amy Krenzer
    Senior Human Research Protection Analyst, Research Compliance and Regulatory Programs
    Montclair State University

• 5.  RE: Human Ethics trouble accesssing

RISING STAR CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 03-18-2022 07:41
    Amy,  we experience this from time to time, it almost always resolves itself within an hour.  It seems to typically occur right before we have our full board meetings.  I am not sure if it a user load issue or something else, but it definitely seems to be on the Cayuse server/ Amazon Web Services side.  By the time I check into it and am ready to report it, it usually clears up, or at least is running sluggishly.  Unfortunately other than patience, I don't have other solutions than you have listed.

Matt Zembrzuski
    Research Compliance Manager
    American University

• 6.  RE: Human Ethics trouble accesssing

Posted 03-24-2022 08:51

Dear Amy and others responding and reading here,

First, my apologies for our delayed direct response.  As the Product Manager for Human Ethics, I have been coordinating with Customer Support to gather as much information as possible about the specific reports of researchers and staff being unable to access Human Ethics.

Cayuse does receive reports about errors or access difficulties from customers. And, yes, most often, access to Human Ethics is regained quickly when the person follows one or more of the steps recommended by Support.  The important part that I am currently working on is that your reports, and any supporting information about what was happening when the issue occurred, make it through to my teams so that we can investigate and specifically stop the issue at its source.  

Support and the Product and Engineering teams are and will continue to coordinate to make sure that the information you provide is passed through.  We need your help in this by providing as much information as possible when you do experience an issue via a Support Ticket.  If you have questions about what information you should provide, please let us know here and I will work with Support to gather a coordinated checklist of options that you can share with your researchers if that helps.

Inability to access an application you and your researchers depend on to meet your research goals is unacceptable.  We are and will focus on any concrete information we receive and all that we know about the system to identify the sources of these issues and work to resolve them. 

Thank you for bringing this issue to the community and please know that Cayuse Support and Product are united to work to resolve these and any of your issues, questions, and suggestions related to our research administration products.

All my best!

Jenny

Jenny Walsh
    Product Manager
    Cayuse